Television personality and singer-songwriter Megan McKenna collaborated with Wren Kitchens to create a showstopping, sleek space that’s perfect for cooking and entertaining in with friends and family.
To rustle up her favourite party dishes, Wren’s expert designers have created the perfect open-plan space with a huge island for guests to perch at, as well as sleek integrated appliances to cater for her love for cooking.
When filming Megan’s all-white Milano Contour kitchen, she showcased her cooking skills with her speciality dinner – Champagne Chicken. Luxurious and delicious, it’s her go-to dish to impress guests.
This easy-to-follow recipe includes tender chicken breasts covered in a smooth and creamy champagne sauce. It’s the perfect plate to serve at any elegant occasion or dinner party – chin-chin!
- 2 tbsp Olive Oil
- 4 medium-large chicken breasts on the bone
- 300ml champagne + extra to serve in a glass on the side
- 2 Tbsp Brandy
- 2 Tbsp Thickened Cream
- 250g Mushrooms
- 1 Large Onion (finely chopped)
- Salt & Pepper
- In a large frying pan, heat 1 tbsp olive oil until it starts to simmer. Reduce the heat to medium, add the chicken breasts and season with salt and pepper. Cover the chicken and reduce the heat to allow the chicken to simmer gently for 15 minutes.
- While the chicken is cooking, in a saucepan, place the mushrooms and onion and fry in 1 tbsp of olive oil on a medium heat for a couple of minutes.
- Next, add the champagne and brandy and bring it to the boil. Reduce the heat and add the cream. Allow the sauce to gently simmer as well as thickening in texture.
- Once the chicken is thoroughly cooked, remove it from the heat. Transfer the chicken onto four serving plates and evenly pour over the sauce.
This dish is best served with tender stem broccoli and white basmati rice or baby new potatoes for a showstopping dinner.