Baking season is back, and we’ve got some showstopping recipes to bring you in the upcoming weeks!
This week, with thanks to Neff Kitchens, you can learn how to make delicious cheesy potato pastry. Pack these in your picnic basket and enjoy the last few rays of sunshine!
Allergens are marked in bold
For the pastry:
- 400g plain flour
- 170g unsalted butter, cut into cubes
- 1 tsp salt
- 1 egg yolk
- 140ml water
For the filling:
- 2 tbsp sunflower oil
- 1 tsp black mustard seeds
- 1 large onion, roughly chopped
- 1 green chilli, finely chopped
- 2 garlic cloves, finely chopped
- 3 medium sized potatoes, peeled and cut into small cubes
- 1 tsp salt
- 1 tsp turmeric powder
- 1 tsp chilli powder
- 1 tsp garam masala
- 20g fresh coriander leaves, finely chopped
- 100g cheddar cheese, grated
- 1 large egg, lightly beaten
Pre-heat the oven to Electric 220° C / CircoTherm 180° C. Line 2 baking trays with baking parchment.
Put the flour and butter in a bowl and rub with your fingers until you get a breadcrumb texture. Add the salt and egg yolk and combine it well. Slowly add the water, little at a time until it comes together in a dough. Knead for a few seconds, then wrap it in cling film and let it rest in the fridge for 20-30 minutes.
For a further source of food inspiration, visit the recipes section on our blog.