Deliveries continue as usual
Being an NHS key worker, I only had one day off this week in these difficult times. What an absolute pleasure! The two delivery men were super! Very quick but also very efficient, professional and friendly. I am so glad I have chosen Wren to supply and fit my new kitchen. Every step of the way so far has been above and beyond. I could cry with joy!
The whole process was faultless, the communication
was first class and being able to track the delivery
was a nice touch.
The two delivery guys were fantastic, unloaded our kitchen and stored it safely, the whilst the whole time maintaining good social distancing and wearing their face masks and gloves.
Five star performance from start to finish.
We are so grateful to Wren for the amazing
communication regarding our kitchen and its
delivery. We have had regular calls and emails with
We cannot fault Wren on the service from start to finish, from planning through to delivery.
And... how blessed we feel that our kitchen is deemed essential and that we can have the work completed, myself and my husband are both key workers. I work for the NHS, finishing later after a long day is exhausting and I can't wait to be able to come home and cook in our beautiful Wren Kitchen and eat something other than a sandwich or microwave meal - although, it's not the end of the world it's the little things that make a difference :)
Wren Kitchens, continuing to serve.
The health and safety of our customers, our team and the wider community are of paramount importance to us. Whilst Wren Kitchens, along with other major kitchen suppliers has re-opened certain outlets, this is in accordance with the legislation and strict COVID-19 countermeasures are in place.
All of our showrooms are open and as a result, we are the only kitchen supplier who can guarantee that social distancing regulations can be enforced at all times. Our processes and procedures for re-opening have been reviewed by independent consultants and by the regulatory authorities and they are satisfied with the approach we have taken.
We understand that some people may not see a kitchen as an essential item but please spare a thought for those that have nowhere to cook, nowhere to store food, no sink and no tap.
Please remember we have customers who ordered their kitchens weeks ago, long before the current crisis erupted. No one knows how long this situation will go on, they cannot go out and have no access to restaurants and they are worried. We hope that you can understand why the team at Wren will not let them down.
The comments we have received have been incredibly welcome as out team have also received criticism for delivering. We are sorry that we did not do more to explain earlier why we are continuing to deliver to our customers and would ask that even if you do not agree with us, you treat the team with respect.
What we're doing in response to COVID-19
In order to allow us to fulfil our responsibilities to our customers but also to our team we have taken a number of actions including but not limited to:
- Temporarily sending home almost 1,000 people who were not essential to the fulfillment of customer orders;
- Closing all of our manufacturing sites to external visitors other than essential delivery drivers;
- Closing our on-site gyms;
- Closing our on-site canteens;
- Continuing to provide sanitiser on every employee's desk and then at regular points throughout every site and at every entry and exit point;
- Ensuring all office staff have at least one clear desk between them and their nearest colleague, a distance in excess of 2m;
- Removed all chairs from the newly vacated desks to ensure team members cannot inadvertently sit next to one another;
- Transferred some members of the office team to an entirely separate back up facility 30 miles away from the main office;
- We are reminding everyone on a regular basis of the Government's guidelines and the importance of following such instructions.
- Ensured all managers are aware of the symptoms and are vigilant when looking for symptoms amongst their team;
- We have changed procedures in our manufacturing plants to try and ensure as much distance as possible between any members of staff;
- We have had an external consultancy carry out a risk assessment in respect of COVID-19, that consultancy has now been engaged to carry out fortnightly visits to our manufacturing sites to identify any further opportunities we may have for protecting the team further;
- We have sought legal advice from the company's solicitors and from leading counsel to confirm that the company is complying with the legislation;
- The management team have regular meetings to assess the current procedures and to ascertain if there are any further actions we could take.
We have taken additional steps to ensure that we are following best practice when it comes to your delivery:
- You will not need to sign any documents to confirm delivery;
- You will be asked whether you have been self-isolating or been in contact with anyone with symptoms or who has been self-isolating. If so, we will delay your delivery until your are outside of the quarantine period;
- Every driver is asked to confirm every day whether they have been in contact with anybody displaying possible coronavirus (COVID-19) symptoms;
- Every vehicle is disinfected every day;
- All of our drivers are provided with gloves and protective masks;
- The drivers will not need to be within 2m of you at any point of the delivery and can simply leave the goods in the room of your choice or garage.
In order to protect our team we have relocated the customer service operations between multiple different sites. This may result in slight delays to our usual service levels so please be patient with the team who are doing their utmost to look after you during a particularly difficult time.
Thank you for your understanding and support in advance. We wish you and your families the very best during these unprecedented times.