Food blogger, photographer, and author of the fastest-selling baking book, Jane’s Patisserie, worked with Wren to create a warming kitchen for her cakes and treats.
Beginning her blog in November 2014, Jane has baked her way to creating a community of over 1.5 million dedicated supporters by making an array of delicious desserts in the comfort of her kitchen. There’s a recipe to suit everyone, from indulgent NYC style cookies to cute cupcakes and cookie pies!
Three months after the release of her debut cookbook, Jane sold 150,000 copies! Not only has it become the fastest-selling baking book but a Sunday Times Number One Bestseller too!
Since the success of Jane’s baking business, she’s appeared on television shows such as This Morning to demonstrate her baking skills and chat all about the latest and greatest in the world of baking!
Jane’s 5 Piece Shaker kitchen in light grey matt brings a quiet and understated confidence to her busy kitchen. The cabinets are complete with warming walnut worktops, offering a cosy feel to her baking haven.
The modest space is packed full of integrated appliances fit for a baker’s paradise, including two Bosch ovens placed side-by-side and an integrated dishwasher. The kitchen also features a smart Blanco 4-in 1 boiling water tap which is the perfect appliance to use for making desserts and melting chocolate.
The traditional design includes exposed feature units with a dreamy six shelves open tower unit, and open wine rack, perfect for storing all those essential baking ingredients.
Adding ornate and sophisticated details to the design, are the Emily Brushed Nickel bar handles in a shiny steel finish along with the pretty patterned tiled splashback.
Gingerbread NYC Cookies
With Christmas in full swing, Jane’s shared one of her favourite desserts so you can bake spirits bright: deliciously thick and chunky Gingerbread cookies with white chocolate chips.
- 125 g Unsalted Butter/Stork
- 175 g Dark Brown Soft Sugar (or light brown)
- 1 Large/Medium Egg
- 1 tsp Vanilla (optional!)
- 280 g Plain Flour
- 1 + 1/2 tsp Ground Ginger
- 1/2 tsp Ground Cinnamon
- 1/2 tsp Ground Nutmeg
- 1 + 1/2 tsp Baking Powder
- 1/2 tsp Bicarbonate of Soda
- 1/2 tsp Sea Salt
- 300 g White Chocolate Chips/Chunks
- Add your unsalted butter and dark brown soft sugar to a bowl and beat together until creamy.
- Add in your egg, and beat again. If using vanilla, add it in now!
- Add in the plain flour, ground ginger, ground cinnamon, ground nutmeg, baking powder, bicarbonate of soda, and salt and beat until a cookie dough is formed!
- Add in the chocolate chips and beat again until they’re distributed well!
- Weigh your cookies out into eight cookie dough balls – they’re about 120g each!
- Once they’re rolled into balls, put your cookie dough in the freezer for at least 30 minutes, or in the fridge for an hour or so!
- Whilst the cookie dough is chilling, preheat your oven to 180C Fan, or 200C regular! If your oven runs hot, go for 160C-170c.
- Take your cookies out of the freezer/fridge and put onto a lined baking tray. I put four cookies per tray!
- Bake the cookies in the oven for 12-14 minutes.
- Once baked, leave them to cool on the tray for at least 30 minutes, as they will continue to bake whilst cooling!
For a further source of festive food inspiration, visit the recipe page on our blog.