Quick and easy to prepare on the hob, this crab tagliatelle with zesty lemon and lime, warming chilli and fragrant basil makes for a delicious al fresco lunch or dinner this summer.
- 500g tagliatelle
- 5 tbsp. extra virgin olive oil
- 2 garlic cloves, finely chopped
- 400g picked fresh white crab meat
- 2 red chillies, deseeded and finely chopped
- 1 lemon, zest and juiced
- 1 lime, zest and juiced
- Small bunch of basil leaves, picked and torn
- Handful of fresh parsley, torn
- Fill a large stockpot with water, bring to a boil, add a large handful of salt and cook the pasta to al dente. Drain, and reserve a cup of the pasta cooking liquid aside.
- Heat up a small frying pan with the oil, add the garlic and cook until just browned. Remove from the heat and set aside.
- Combine the crab meat with the chilli, lemon and lime, cooled garlic and oil and some salt and pepper. Check the seasoning.
- Mix together the crab, pasta and add a little of the cooking water to bind the sauce together. Add the basil and check the seasoning before serving immediately.