A wonderful dish with in season asparagus that is beautifully complemented by the soft egg and crisp chorizo crumb.
- 200g asparagus, trimmed
For the Chorizo Crumb
- 100g chorizo, cubed
- 2 tbsp fresh breadcrumbs
- Extra virgin olive oil, to drizzle
For the Crispy Soft Egg
- 4 eggs
- Flour, egg and panko breadcrumbs
- Vegetable oil for deep frying
- For the crispy egg, place the eggs on a perforated container and steam in a Miele steam oven at 95°C for 4 minutes. If a steam oven is not available, place the eggs in a saucepan with cold water, bring to a boil and cook for 4 minutes. As soon as they are ready, transfer them to a bowl of iced water and leave there for at least 20 minutes.
- Carefully peel the eggs and coat them in flour, egg and the panko breadcrumbs. Refrigerate for 20 minutes and repeat the process again.
- Fill a small saucepan with vegetable oil and heat to 180°C. Deep fry the eggs until golden brown and drain on kitchen paper.
- For the chorizo crumb, heat a frying pan and gently fry the chorizo cubes for five minutes. Add the breadcrumbs and cook until crispy. Keep warm.
- To finish and serve, steam the asparagus on a perforated container for 3 minutes at 90°C. If a steam oven is not available, cook them in salted water for three minutes, refreshing in cold water immediately after. Divide the asparagus between four warmed plates and drizzle with some olive oil, add the egg to each plate and finally the chorizo cubes and breadcrumbs. Serve immediately.