NationalBBQ Week is back, and we’ve got you covered with a delicious, family-friendly recipe.
Foodie father Adam Shaw, from @at_dads_table, shows how you can bring the taste of the BBQ into the kitchen with his simple and tasty Greek Chicken, Halloumi, and Hummus burgers.
See below just how quick and easy they are to make!
Makes 4 burgers
- 4 chicken breasts
- 1 x tablespoon of oregano and paprika
- 3 garlic cloves
- 1 lemon
- 100ml olive oil
- 1 x 400g can of chickpeas
- 3 tablespoons of tahini
- 1x 200g pack of halloumi
- Fresh lettuce and tomato
- 4x Burger Buns
- Pinch of salt
- Slice the chicken breasts in half width-wise. Cover with the oregano and paprika, 25ml olive oil, zest and juice of half a lemon and 2 crushed garlic cloves. Cover and place in the fridge for at least 30 minutes (preferably longer).
- To make the hummus, whizz together the drained chickpeas, tahini, juice of half a lemon, 1 grated garlic clove, 75ml olive oil and a splash of water.
- Cook the chicken on a grill pan for 3-4 minutes a side until cooked.
- Cook the halloumi for 2-3 minutes, then flip and cook for a further minute.
- Spread the hummus on the burger buns. Top with the halloumi and chicken, then add fresh lettuce and sliced tomatoes