Looking for inspiration to recreate your fave festive tipple? Then look no further as we’ve put together our top 3 Christmas inspired drinks that will truly impress.
This year we’re seeing bars and restaurants sadly closing their doors due to the pandemic, but it doesn’t mean you can’t recreate the experience at home in your own kitchen.
So grab your cocktail mixer and jigger and get ready to have some fun and follow these easy-peasy recipes:
- 100ml gin
- 400ml apple juice
- ½ lemon sliced
- 1 bay leaf
- 4 cloves
- 2 cardamom pods, lightly crushed
- 1 cinnamon stick
- 2 juniper berries, lightly crushed
- ½ tsp coriander seeds
- 1 tsp runny honey
For the garnish
- thin apple slices
- bay leaves (optional)
- crushed ice
- Divide the gin between four small heatproof glasses or teacups.
- Tip the apple juice into a saucepan with the rest of the ingredients. Heat gently until simmering, then strain with a sieve into a jug. Pour the mulled apple juice into the glasses with the gin and stir gently to combine. Garnish each glass with a bay leaf and half a lemon slice and serve warm.
Gingerbread and espresso martini cocktail
- vodka 100ml
- espresso coffee 50ml, chilled
- gingerbread syrup 30ml
- 6 coffee beans
- Rim a chilled martini glass with cinnamon and sugar.
- Shake all the liquid ingredients together with some ice and strain into the glass.
- Add the coffee beans and serve.
Marmalade and mandarin mojito
- 2 rounded tsp of marmalade
- 4 tbsp dark rum
- 2 mandarin & save 2 thin slices for serving
- 2 star anise
- ice or chilled tonic water to serve
- mint to serve
- Put the marmalade, dark rum, mandarin juice and the star anise in a cocktail shaker.
- Put the lid on firmly and shake for 1 minute.
- Pour the cocktail in the glass over ice.
- To finish, top up with tonic and add mandarin slices and mint to serve!