Whether you’re a fan of the classic margarita, an enthusiast of tequila-based cocktails, or simply looking to explore the world of tequila, National Tequila Day, which falls on 24th July, provides the ideal excuse to raise a glass and savour the flavours of this beloved spirit.
Searches for ‘easy tequila recipes’ have increased by 300% in the past 12 months. Luckily, the experts at Wren Kitchens have shared three easy to make, tequila-filled cocktails that will leave your tastebuds tantalised! Feel free to adjust the proportions of tequila, and soft drinks based on your personal taste preferences.
The Paloma is a fantastic choice for those who enjoy a crisp and slightly tart cocktail.
120ml grapefruit soda
15ml lime juice
Grapefruit wedge, for garnish
Salt or chili powder, for rimming the glass (optional)
- Rim the glass with salt or chili powder (if desired).
- Fill the glass with ice cubes.
- Add tequila, lime juice, and grapefruit soda to the glass.
- Stir gently to combine.
- Garnish with a grapefruit wedge. Cheers!
The Mexican Mule is a perfect cocktail for hot summer days or any time you crave a tangy and vibrant drink.
90ml freshly squeezed lime juice
150ml ginger beer
Lime wedge (for garnish)
Salt (optional, for rimming the glass)
- If desired, rim a copper mug or glass with salt by running a lime wedge around the rim and dipping it into a plate of salt.
- Fill the mug or glass with ice cubes.
- Add tequila and lime juice to the glass. Stir gently to combine.
- Top it off with ginger beer, leaving some space for garnishes.
- Give it a gentle stir and garnish with a lime wedge.
The Tequila Sunrise is a visually appealing layered cocktail that is perfect for brunches, parties, or any occasion where you want to add a splash of colour to your drink.
120ml orange juice
15ml grenadine syrup
Orange slice (for garnish)
Maraschino cherry (for garnish)
- Fill a glass with ice cubes.
- Pour the tequila into the glass.
- Add the orange juice to the glass and stir gently to combine.
- Slowly pour the grenadine syrup over the back of a spoon into the glass. It will sink to the bottom and gradually create the sunrise effect.
- Garnish with an orange slice and a maraschino cherry.
- Give it a gentle stir just before enjoying to mix the flavours.
Darren Watts, Showroom Development and Design Director at Wren Kitchens says: “Celebrating National Tequila Day is a great way to get your family and friends together. For those making cocktails in their kitchen, it’s important to create a dedicated space where you can place all the items, including glassware.
“Spillage will naturally happen but be sure to clean up straight away to avoid damage or surfaces and floors becoming sticky. Never chop garnishes without a chopping board either as you’ll most likely damage surfaces or yourself.
“Have separate containers to store your different garnishes and make sure creamy ingredients are stored in the fridge when you’re not using them. Never forget to wash your shaker after each use either, especially if you’re creating different textured drinks such as creamy and fruity.”