Looking for the ultimate brunch treat? Look no further than these bite-sized cinnamon swirls which are irresistible and perfect to prepare for get togethers!
Brought to you by our appliance partner Neff
Cooks 180C CircoTherm for 15 minutes.
Prep 15 minutes
- 500 g Puff Pastry
- 1 egg
For the filling:
- 100 g butter
- 150 g dark brown sugar
- 4 tsp cinnamon
- 4 tbsp flour
- 50 g pecan nuts
For the icing:
- 150 gms Icing Sugar
- 2 tbsp water
- 1 tsp vanilla essence
*Allergens highlighted in bold.
- Roll out the pasty until roughly 6 – 8 mm thick and into a rectangle shape.
- Place all of the filling ingredients into a pan and cook together on a low heat until they all come together. Leave to cool slightly.
- Carefully spread the cooled filling mixture onto the pastry and then roll the pastry sheet up like a swiss roll.
- Slice into 2 cm rings and place on a greased baking sheet and bake in the oven at 180C for 15 minutes. Allow to cool.
- Make the icing by adding the water and essence to the icing sugar and then drizzle the icing over the top of the swirls.