Neff have developed their oven fan technology to help you achieve the best results possible when cooking. With the CircoTherm system you can rest assured that there will be no mingling of flavours between your ovens shelves, meaning you can cook several dishes at the same time, without having to worry about different smells tarnishing other dishes.
Using the specially designed CircoTherm Intensive setting means you don’t have to cook your pies in 3 stages anymore, as you would with a normal recipe and oven. With the help of CircoTherm Intensive you can just add your pastry and fillings in altogether, bake and voila!
So, let’s give it a go!
Lemon Meringue Pie
- 1 500g pack of short crust pastry
- 2 lemons
- 1 tablespoon of corn flour
- 225g caster sugar
- 3 eggs
- 250ml cold water
- 15g butter
- Preheat your oven to 220°C on the CircoTherm function with the baking tray on level 1.
- Use pastry to line a 23cm flan tin, ensuring there’s no stretching and a good upright edge.
- Blend the corn flour with a small amount of cold water and put remaining water, 55g of sugar, the zest of 2 lemons, the juice of 1 lemon and the butter into a saucepan and heat.
- Just before it reaches boiling point, add in corn flour and whisk until smooth, thick and glossy.
- Cool slightly and taste, add extra lemon juice if required.
- Next, separate the eggs and whisk your yolks into the lemon sauce.
- Whisk the egg whites until they are very stiff, then whisk in half of the remaining sugar, before finally folding in the rest.
- Pour the filling into the pastry case and then pile high the meringue mixture on top, ensuring that you cover the filling completely.
- Turn down the oven to 160°C and place the lemon meringue pie in on the baking tray.
- Bake for 40-45 minutes until the meringue is pale golden.