This is my favourite soup recipe – it’s so warming on a chilly evening and fully satisfying without the bloated feeling that comes with some recipes! It’s full of natural and fresh ingredients too. Comfortably serves 5.
- 1lb (approx. 500g) peeled carrots
- 1 medium peeled sweet potato
- 1 small peeled potato
- 1 chopped onion
- 1 chopped celery stick
- 2 crushed garlic cloves
- Vegetable stock
- 1 heaped teaspoon dried coriander
- A handful fresh coriander (amount depends on personal preference!)
- Pinch of salt/pepper
- 1 teaspoon chilli powder if you like it hot!
- 1 tablespoon double cream for swirly decoration.
- Your favourite warm, crusty bread to dip with!
- Lightly fry all the veg in a large pan with a bit of olive oil and butter.
- Add the veg stock, dried coriander, salt and pepper.
- Bring to the boil then simmer for 20 minutes.
- Add the fresh coriander and blend until you reach your desired consistency.
- And serve! Place a few fresh coriander leaves on top for decoration, and don’t forget to warm up your fresh bread.
- You can swirl the cream over the top if desired (depends how naughty you’re feeling).